Saturday, March 7, 2009

More about Recycled Knits line

One quick note, this grouping of items will be 100% unique since the materials are based on handcut fabric strips from clothes, fabrics and even some traditional yarn thrown in. The first items is about halfway complete - although a few of the little balls of tshirt strips for this have migrated somewhere with my index cards. What I love about this idea is it is totally green, and is a way to reuse or repurpose textiles and also make fun and wearable pieces. Part of the inspiration was seeing scarfs made out of tshirt fabric - which look much better with my normal work attire - plus they are mostly machine washable. Several of the color combinations are picked out so really looking forward to listing all my completed items and getting through finals so I can start working on these more.

No comments:

Post a Comment