Sunday, January 4, 2009

Incomplete projects: What to do with them

In my last post, I wrote about the patience of sitting an unraveling 2 sweaters that did not fit whe they were sewn up. Both had spent years in closets. car trunks and pretty much wherever instead of taking the time to pull them apart and recycle the yarn. Mostly, they took time to create and some pride of the first two completed sweaters was also keeping them intact, and unwearable.

In further cleaning and untangling, I re-read a knitting magazine I had kept for patterns. Someone interviewed talked about having many different projects going at once, and got me thinking, what do other people do with old projects when they find them, especially if parts have become unraveled after many hours of stitching, or whatever it was the made you put the project down in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment